Delta Electronics PSU?

DaGrinder

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I just received my Dell 530 rig. It came with a Delta Electronics 350w PSU (80mm fan). Anyone know of this brand? Is it worth keeping? Sells for $40+10 on ebay.

...if you just got your computer, why are you selling it's PSU?
I don't know why you would want to - did you upgrade the GPU and consequently the PSU?

It's an OEM psu, probably produced by a bigger company. It's not worth a whole lot.

DaGrinder

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
Yeah, I'm putting in a 4850 and going with a Corsair TX 650 PSU. I know I could have built a rig (never done it) but I couldn't find parts that were cheaper to match the Dell specs.

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
The key in beating the OEM is build a high-end PC. OEM PC run at stock(exclude boutique PC builder). The majority of the cost is in the CPU(higher the frequency the more it cost). OEM doesn't OC the cpu, so you buy one on the same class at lower speed and OC. OEM will rape you on high end GPU-always cheaper going somewhere else. RAM upgrade cost is a joke with OEM. The biggest drawback for OEM is the MB-no OCing features. The PSU is bare minimum-if you going to add anything else later; going to have to upgrade the PSU.

DIY PC
1.better MB(base on your research) but cost you more
2.more ram for less cost
3.better GPU less cost
4. faster CPU for same cost
5.better PSU but cost you more(will have to replace anyways)
6. no crapware clean up

CONs:
1. warranty on 1 whole system instead of each part
2.The extra are cheap w/ oem(keyboard, mouse, speaker)
3. The OS is bundle with the PC(extra cost for you)

Overall, just hardware alone, the DIY cost less and better. (the better you OC the CPU, the more you save).