defkey

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
Hello wondering if anyone can help with my PC issue.

I just built a new system with Asus p5Q Deluxe/ Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400

everything seems fine but when i installed the 2x2g rams sticks it does not seem to boot. I take out the second ram on the second bank and it boots fine, so i switched out the ram to see if it wasn't a bad ram stick and the PC runs with either of the ram sticks installed in the first bank. So i know my ram is good. Any suggestions? I have the CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

Also this is not a big deal for now but, I have installed a Creative 7.1 Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty and my VisionTek 900244 Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 video card installed and both the drivers are installed, however everytime i turn on the PC it says theres a new hardware installed but both of those drivers on my video card and sound card are already installed and working fine. When i check the Device Manager theres this HD audio thing that supposidly needs install. Anyway i don't expect help from this one since i know you must see the PC to actually determine whats wrong.

twattle

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Can't help you one the memory question but maybe on the audio.

The HD audio might be the onboard audio chip that you can either install via the driver on the DVD that came with the board or simply turn off in the bios as you don't need it anymore.

Or; the HD audio can be the one on the HD4870, it also comes with a sound card for output on the hdmi port.

defkey

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I got home and disabled the onboard audio, i checked the Device manager and is still appears this is what it says... Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus lol don;t know what that is.

galvitron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
I have the same board and CPU but I am using OCZ 1600 DDR3. I had some problems with RAM when I first built it. I had to downclock the RAM from 1600 to 1066, so you may want to try setting RAM to slower speed in the BIOS.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, as ASUS fixed a few memory issues. Also, make sure the slots they are in are the correct ones (check the manual for a chart of what goes where).

TRENDING THREADS