Closed

Good cable management

Hi all,

i want to make the inside of my case tidy as i dont like untidy cables. not only this but messy cable dont do anythink for airflow.

i'm wondering what would look the best and keep eveythink tidy. i've tried zip ties but they never look good. i dont like the idea of heatshrink as its hard to remove if it needs to be.

could anyone recomend something that will look good and keep everythink tidy

thanx
16 answers Last reply
More about good cable management
  1. Well, what I do is just stick all of the unused PSU cables into the unused CD/DVD bays. Seems to work fine enough seeing that my DVD-RAM doesn't need much cooling.

either that or get a good modular power supply.
  2. doomsdaydave11 said:
    Well, what I do is just stick all of the unused PSU cables into the unused CD/DVD bays. Seems to work fine enough seeing that my DVD-RAM doesn't need much cooling.

either that or get a good modular power supply.

I do the same too, but I've been toying with the idea of getting a nice modular PSU.

As for now, stakicng cables in unused bays and zipties are doing the trick.
  3. mlj said:

i'm wondering what would look the best and keep eveythink tidy. i've tried zip ties but they never look good. i dont like the idea of heatshrink as its hard to remove if it needs to be.

Not that I'm advocating using it... But you can just cut off heatshrink with a pair of nail scissors (start a cut then tear it off with minimal force in a couple of seconds)... What's hard about that? The main difficultly with heatshrink is to put it on (especially if you are using it to hold down cable sleeving) if you are removing molex connectors etc. to sleeve wire bundles...

Lol :lol: at someone complaining about taking the stuff off - as that is the easy bit!!

Bob
  4. last i time cut off heatshrink i cut more than the damm stuff
  5. Haha, i would recommend a modular PSU. I went for a Thermaltake tough power 750w, its a nifty piece of kit.

Also, you can rout the cables behind the motherboard tray, this is easier if you remove the othersize of your cases side panel. Ive seen some people drill holes on the motherboard tray, then feed the wires from the PSU, behind the tray and through the holes! Looks good if you have got the time to do it! I wouldnt do it myself personally, but its more for the fanatics!

You can also buy some cable fixers, there plastic and mount to the inside of your case so you can run wires neatly!

kkthanksbye
  6. thanx for the advice, looks like the drill and jigsaw will be comming out then
  7. screw the jigsaw, use a dremel!
  8. I destroyed my Dremel doing this

but this was the result
  9. I had a very good experience using mine :)
  10. It went up in a puff of black smoke, I ended up using a hole saw for the last 2 holes I had to make which is how I got the round ones.
  11. nice tidy system though
  12. behind the motherbaord tray and zip ties.

13. The Antec P182 is a very good case for tidy and silent computing. It's the case above this post.

Note that the PSU remains at the bottom of the case, not the top. This (should) improve(s) airflow, and keep the case cooler.

Cable management can be done on the back, as you can see in the picture. Imho, makes a modular PSU not necessary in this case.
  14. i like it a lot myself.

i didn't want the extra cables getting in the way of the fan in front of the power supply. plus its a great psu. for more cooling, i am thinking of pulling out the upper hard drive cage and installing a fan instead. should make things even better.
  15. ifor said:
    i like it a lot myself.

i didn't want the extra cables getting in the way of the fan in front of the power supply. plus its a great psu. for more cooling, i am thinking of pulling out the upper hard drive cage and installing a fan instead. should make things even better.

The question is: do you need more cooling? There are people that have the top case fan removed in order to reduce noise, seal off the gap, and don't get any significant temperature increase....
  16. Braided power supply cables are a good idea.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Management Cable Components