Why my toshiba laptop can not play any cd/DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmack01

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
It used to work, but recently when I put in a dvd or cd the light comes on, I hear a hiss but get no pop up window and it doesn not play. Can you please help?

Solution

Windows restore to date when it worked, or roll back the driver to previous version in device manager. (A Vista update may have changed the driver)

Windows restore to date when it worked, or roll back the driver to previous version in device manager. (A Vista update may have changed the driver)

Solution

dmack01

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

Certainly. Thank you for responding.

I have Toshiba Satellite A 135-S4477 loaded with Windows Vista. I use the CD DVD player to connect with Windows Media Player and to watch DVDs. When I put in a formatted disc the system loads, lights and hums but does not play.

I realize that a while back I changed my setting. The player had functioned as though all discs were formatted. I wanted to format discs and changed the setting that would allow me to do that. It did not function, so I set back the default to play discs automatically. It has not functioned properly since. I put in discs, it lights, it hums, but it doesn not play.

Thank you.

dmack01

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

dmack01

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
i'm installing Vista updates now, but I am embarassed to tell you that despite having a hard drive back-up and Carbomite, I do not know how to roll back Windows Media player without disrupting my other data. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS