Sign in with
Your question

What component is needed for an audio driver to install sucessfully

Last response: in Windows Vista
December 4, 2012 12:07:06 PM

Hello, my sound icon is showing the little red circle with the white x...i downloaded a driver using DRIVERIDENTIFIER which was free,,,n it worked the i got an update and it was back to the no sound...when ever i download any driver it shows VIA HD AUDIO {that is on the icon} and it also says VOLUME 0....when i right click on the icon and click OPEN VOLUME MIXER....and i click into speaker properties and i click levels there is nothing there....i have a ASROCK N68-VS3-UCC Mother board ...i tried running the cd that came with it and i install it except the last part that says click to finish to make sure all components are installed it says FAILED TO INSTALL COMPONENTS...so plz any help....oh my OS IS WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE...PLZ..PLZ. HELP IM FED UP
a b \ Driver
December 4, 2012 1:02:52 PM

empressadel said:
Hello, my sound icon is showing the little red circle with the white x...i downloaded a driver using DRIVERIDENTIFIER which was free,,,n it worked the i got an update and it was back to the no sound...when ever i download any driver it shows VIA HD AUDIO {that is on the icon} and it also says VOLUME 0....when i right click on the icon and click OPEN VOLUME MIXER....and i click into speaker properties and i click levels there is nothing there....i have a ASROCK N68-VS3-UCC Mother board ...i tried running the cd that came with it and i install it except the last part that says click to finish to make sure all components are installed it says FAILED TO INSTALL COMPONENTS...so plz any help....oh my OS IS WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE...PLZ..PLZ. HELP IM FED UP

Try rolling back the driver to previous version in device manager, or Restore the computer to date before the update (Windows restore)
m
l
December 4, 2012 1:06:01 PM

hi thanks .....i did the rolling back already and tried that Restore but...i cant get the Restore date to go back to like the 27th /11/2012 even when i try creating a restore point for myself...
m
l
!