I had configured a print server to use 192.168.1.2 as a tcp/ip port, due to
a power outage I had to start from scratch on the configuration. Now when I
try to add a printer and use that port XP tells me the port is in use and to
pick another.
Is there a way to release that port as I know it's not in use?
Thanks

--
Dink - After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done.

Open the Printers folder
Select from the menu File--Server Properties
On the Ports tab delete the offending port

Now try setting up the printer again

Regards
Mark Dormer