Ok,

This is my specs,

AGP HIS x1950 Pro Turbo Edition
1gb of corsair ram
AMD 2800+
Cooler Master 600w psu
sound blaster live sound card.
windows xp home

I have uninstalled all of my old ati driver can't get my new x1950 driver from ATI's web site to install.
It says it can't finish installing because it is incompatible with my current operating system or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would be glad to give as much more info as I can.

More about : graphics card

a c 130 U Graphics card
June 16, 2008 8:31:52 PM

Well this is really too obvious but.... You did make sure you didnt download the Vista Version right ?
Mactronix
June 16, 2008 8:38:23 PM

right version of 32bit home xp edition and not 64bit version or mce edition
Related resources
a c 130 U Graphics card
June 16, 2008 9:31:22 PM

Yes that does look like the right one. You could try instlling the older drivers again. im not sure there would be that much benefit of updating. Or you could just install th esecond link which is the display driver only, then download ATI tray tools, its free found on the net and has all teh catalyst options and then some.
It may be that you still haev some parts of the old drivers left and are getting a conflict. when i update i uninstall with the catalyst uninstall App then delete the driver folders. Reboot the comp and install the new drivers.
Mactronix
June 16, 2008 9:40:51 PM

mactronix said:
Yes that does look like the right one. You could try instlling the older drivers again. im not sure there would be that much benefit of updating. Or you could just install th esecond link which is the display driver only, then download ATI tray tools, its free found on the net and has all teh catalyst options and then some.
It may be that you still haev some parts of the old drivers left and are getting a conflict. when i update i uninstall with the catalyst uninstall App then delete the driver folders. Reboot the comp and install the new drivers.
Mactronix

Do you have a Link to were I can download that catalyst program?
June 16, 2008 10:29:48 PM

Okay, I installed those programs. I used the one program to uninstall all my current drivers and after that I restarted my machine started to install the display driver only and after going though the menus on were to put it, right before it started to install it gave me this exact error saying:

setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system
setup will now exit.

I don't know what that means or what I can do.

help?
June 16, 2008 10:58:54 PM

XP Home SP1?
June 17, 2008 12:35:18 AM

XP Home SP2 with all the updates
June 17, 2008 2:10:13 AM

If any one can help me I would really appreciate it. as of right now my machine isn't working in any 3d aps :( 
a c 130 U Graphics card
June 17, 2008 7:00:22 AM

Hang on a minuite your not letting the install wizard try and install the drivers are you ?
When you have removed the old drivers and re-booted your machine the little balloon at the bottom right will come up with a found new hardware message. You need to tick the little box with an x in it to close it. It may open again or the wizard may come up. If the wizard does come up click on not this time or just close it. Then go to where you have the files containing the drivers on your system and open and install them manually. When i say manually its really only you opening them to tell th ePC to specifically install these drivers the process is mostly automatic after this you can select default install when asked.
Mactronix :) 
June 17, 2008 2:13:45 PM

Try run dxdiag. See if 3d acceleration is enable. It happens the same to my old pc years ago.
June 17, 2008 2:15:37 PM

Or reinstall microsoft net framework 2.0.
June 18, 2008 3:11:58 AM

grizz68, do you have a link or something for that dxdiag program?
a c 168 U Graphics card
June 18, 2008 12:52:48 PM

dxdiag is a Windows program (Direct X Diagnostic). Click the Start button and then Run... Enter "dxdiag" (without quotes) and click OK.

Note the green progress bar in the lower left corner. When it's complete (disappears), click the Save All Information button. This saves the output to a text file.

-Wolf sends
June 18, 2008 8:33:49 PM

Hey Guys,
I been trying everything that you guys have told me and I just tried reinstalling microsoft framework 2.0 and then I tried installing my x1950 pro driver, after I had uninstalled all current video drivers, and it did not give me an error like it use to, and after it finished I tried turning on 3DMark06 and it ran though the test way better than my old x850pro :)  know my machine works. so thanks everybody for all your help and patience with me. I will( if I ever have a another problem or question) post here on these forms for help :) 

Thanks everyone!!
!