anayajade

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2008
Need some help. Bought an inexpensive case and come to find out inside are to RCA audio male connectors one coming from the headphone jack and the other from the microphone jack. There is nothing on my sound card (sound blaster off an old Gateway A7 950) to connect these into. My motherboard does not have any jacks (internal) to connect these to either. Is there an adapter I am looking for to connect these to audio connectors. I thought these two connectors coming from the front panel would look something like the CD to soundboard Connector (4 prong). Please Help? would like to use my front panel head phone connection.

Do you mean 3.5mm plugs like those on a pair or headphones?

Those are made to just go plug into the sound cards mic and speaker ports. Cheap but effective(at least the mic one is.)

The sound blaster live! never had plugs for front port. and the Audigy and newer cards used to have a connector that was made for DELL so even they do not work without some modding.

You can, if you have it, use onboard sound for the front, you would have to tell windows when you want it to use onboard sound(set it to default) and not the SB Live!