Gigabyte P35-DS3R and LAN replugging

Belles_Toaster

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I have a P35 DS3R mobo revision 1 when connected to my Linksys wired 10/100 4 port router, it has to have the cat 5 cable removed and after a count to 10 reinserted to to retry a successful login with my isp. At a library a mentioned this problem to a network tech and she told me that 5 motherboards with the same series have the same problem and are out of service because when RMA to gigabyte, their techs say there is no problem. This is weird. Any opinions welcome :heink:

I have tried Googling this topic answers ranged from CMOS reset , issues with sleep mode? and conflicts with sound card. I did
have a Trendnet wireless which broke down before and put the rock stable linksys router (7 years old) but I have to login manually and this is where I have to pull the proverbial plug and re-insert and wait for the limited connectivity message.

Belles_Toaster

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I extended my search to Newegg and the unhappy reviews part for starters. Yes some refer to the nic as Flakey.
However one person noted that the wakeup on ring option for the lan should be enabled in the bios, to allow windows
to re-connect after a disconnect. Again, the bios information is minimal in the user manual.