Sign in with
Your question

catalyst control center with new nvidia drivers

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 17, 2008 12:36:24 AM

so i got my new 8800GT the other week and i uninstalled ati's software from my computer including the drivers. however, when i right click on my desktop i am still seeing catalyst control center in the menu options. i cannot figure out how to remove it. i have even tried using a program called drivesweeper or somethin and this still will not dissapear. any suggestions?
June 17, 2008 12:38:50 AM

you into ur registry and delete it all that has to do with ATI . then go to search and type in the name. delete it all.

this is why you delete programs correctly.
June 17, 2008 8:50:57 AM

i actually figured it out. to remove catalyst control center from the shell menu for windows follow these steps. maybe make this a sticky.

Removing the ATI Catalyst context-menu entry

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Directory \ Background \ shellex \ ContextMenuHandlers

One of the sub-keys is the entry added by ATI software. (Usually named ACE)

Select the ACE sub-key, and then backup the key by exporting it

Delete the ACE entry, and close Regedit.exe
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
June 17, 2008 9:15:34 AM

blazewide said:
i actually figured it out. to remove catalyst control center from the shell menu for windows follow these steps. maybe make this a sticky.

Nah, that's what google's for, not for copying that information into forums.
June 17, 2008 9:44:13 AM

yea and with google i figured it out way to be a smartass
a b Î Nvidia
June 17, 2008 10:16:53 AM

Yeah, nice cut and paste without attribution, proving yourself to be a dumba$$ in your lack of googling first and then in pretending 'you actually figured it out', and not someone else figured it out and you just figured out how to use google.

Congratulations, and welcome to the internet. [:thegreatgrapeape:2]
June 17, 2008 10:36:50 AM

And after reading the title to the thread, I thought nVidia and ATI were really getting along heheh
June 17, 2008 3:55:01 PM

o wow ur so awesome o great one at trolling the threads, does it feel bigger yet? learn to get a life and stop thinkin u are the know all forum troll, kkthxbai
a b Î Nvidia
June 17, 2008 5:27:33 PM

Oh little boy with hurt feelings, trying to sound like a 1337 h4X0r.

Seriously your post proves your not, so instead of getting all sensitive just use google search next time, and don't take credit for other people's work when you cut and paste it verbatim and then pretend it should be stickied, when really people, like yourself, should just use google or the search function instead. [:thegreatgrapeape:5]
!