Will the Core Contact freezer fit my motherboard?

Hi, I am thinking of the buying the sunbeam Core Contact freezer for my phenom 9950 BE. I'm just a bit dubious as to whether it will fit my motherboard without obstructing the RAM modules.

My motherboard is Asus M3N-HD HDMI, and there is a picture of it from this link:

http://uk.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=149&l3=659&l4=0&model=2139&modelmenu=1
It will be facing toward the rear of the case (away from the RAM modules).

Anyone fitted it with this motherboard?
I'm away from my pc for a few weeks so am unable to just open it up and check, but new to this and have a feeling that it obviously won't fit which is why i thought i would ask.

(in case it helps, the width of the cooler with the fan attatched is 10.4cm, and the width of the motherboard is 24.4cm... so perhaps a bit optimistic!)

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about will core contact freezer motherboard
  1. You have enough room to park a small truck on that MB.

Don't know where you got those dimensions but look at the cooler and the MB, does the width of the cooler look like it's half the width of the MB.

You should be fine.
  2. Ok cheers, you reckon that will still be case with Corsair Dominator memory (52mm high), in which there is no chance that the heatsink will start above the RAM?
  3. If it doesn't fit, is it possible to face it in the opposite direction (towards the RAM) and then flip the fan and have it pulling air away as an exhaust?

It seems to be made in a particular shape (different at one end to the other), so would i just be better off buying a narrower cooler such as the Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283?

cheers
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Core Motherboards Overclocking