RAID Problem Please Help

meiscory

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
Hey everyone,
I recently built a computer, on which I created a RAID 10. My computer consists of an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard and four WD RE3 750gb hard drives. I installed my operating system on the RAID, and everything was fine, until two days ago. My Intel Matrix storage manager gave me a notice saying a RAID volume is degraded because of failed hard drives. I turned off my computer, unplugged the failed drive, turned the computer back on. My computer then said the hard drive was missing (as expected). I turned off the computer again, plugged the hard drive back in, turned on the computer, and my computer said rebuilding RAID. It finished, and worked fine for about a day. The next day my computer told me the same thing, but a different drive. I did the same thing I did the first time, seemed to work again. Now, a couple hours later, my computer is giving me the same message with the first drive that gave me problems. Does anyone know whats going on?
Thanks in advance,
Cory

meiscory

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009

I don't really have the money to buy a RAID controller right now, so I was really hoping it wasn't that. Could it be anything else?