asus a8nsli deluxe beeping, but dead

konko

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
asus A8NSLI deluxe...used the auto asus updater gadget, it dnld a new BIOS and supposedly installed it...next morning I try to start machine and all I get is one long beep and two short ones.

Everything seems to work, fans, the optical lights are on and little red light ok as if activity is going on, but I have a black screen and nothing else....The night before disaster, machine asked for RAID something..I hit f8, I think that was it as requested and showed an area asking to make new RAID or repair it..i selected all options 1 by one and kept saying go to RAID...

Next day she was dead and just ordered new parts to make a new mach, before my brother comes from Afghanistan, i know he will kill me if he finds I ruin the pc.
Removed battery and plugged lil blue cap to short out as booklet says..still dead.
Any idea besides a match and a can of gasoline

Pls help

I'm using my A8N-SLI Deluxe today. The manual for your MB is here: Takes a couple of minutes to load an Adobe document.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8N-SLI%20Premium/e2435_a8n-sli_premium.pdf

Instructions for recovering the BIOS are in Section 4.1.4. Use the MB CD to recover BIOS

I have not used this feature, but try booting to the MB CD and have a BIOS recovery program restore a workable BIOS. You might try just inserting the MB CD with the system powered on and see if the recovery software starts up.