Sign in with
Your question

Low profile cooler?

Last response: in Overclocking
April 1, 2009 3:45:24 PM

Hi, I am thinking of buying an aftermarket cooler, in an attempt to overclock my phenom 9950.

I am thinking of the Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer high profile cooler, although i may have some trouble getting it to fit on my motherboard with the RAM modules pretty close to the cpu (the cpu cooler fan would push air from the RAM modules side of the cooler to the rear of the case).

If it did manage to fit the fan would be more or less touching the RAM modules, and i was wondering if would be better off with a low profile cooler such as the AVC Z7U7414001 (http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=196...), which frostytech report as 4 degrees hotter than the Sunbeam at 125W thermal test.

Does the RAM give off much heat, and would you expect it to increase the temps of the cpu by around 4 degrees anyway if it is more or less touching?

Cheers

More about : low profile cooler

April 1, 2009 10:15:14 PM

davegl1234 said:

Does the RAM give off much heat, and would you expect it to increase the temps of the cpu by around 4 degrees anyway if it is more or less touching?

No.
a b K Overclocking
April 2, 2009 12:08:06 AM

Stick with the CCF/True/1283

My fan has been sitting on the first to sticks of ram for 2 years now. It says it likes it there.

!