How do I restore Outlook Express data from Norton Ghost?

I have Norton Ghost 9, and MS Outlook Express 6. I created an Image on
a USB2 drive and then reinstalled Windows XP from scratch.

How do I Restore the Outlook Express Address Book and also my emails
from the image. I am able to find the *.dbx files for the emails on the
image, if that is what I need to start with.

Also, is there a way in Ghost 9 to search for *.dbx? It took me a long
time to find those files.

Copy all of the DBX files, including Folders.dbx, to an empty folder on your
hard drive and then make sure they are not Read Only. Now use OE's File |
Import.

The newsgroups will not import.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

<tmus@gtcinternet.com> wrote in message
>I have Norton Ghost 9, and MS Outlook Express 6. I created an Image on
> a USB2 drive and then reinstalled Windows XP from scratch.
>
> How do I Restore the Outlook Express Address Book and also my emails
> from the image. I am able to find the *.dbx files for the emails on the
> image, if that is what I need to start with.
>
> Also, is there a way in Ghost 9 to search for *.dbx? It took me a long
> time to find those files.

Thanks much! I just gave it a quick check and I things look good.

Also, is there a way in Ghost 9 to search for *.dbx? It took me a long
time to find those files.

In Ghost Explorer, click the search icon at the top signified by a magnifying glass and search for *.dbx