metalweenis

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I decided to give it another whirl and get it stable at 3.5ghz and go with that. So the first thing I did was leave all volts completely stock and change nothing but the FSB for s**ts and giggles...well...I've been running games, prime95, you name it for hours on end and it's running absolutely...perfect? I am very surprised at this. Temps are low as if I were running at 2.4ghz, obviously because I haven't changed any volts yet. But has anyone seen anything like this? Is it possible or am I dreaming? I've checked CPU-Z and everything is great also.

I felt a little lucky and decided to bump it up to 3.6 with stock volts = instant blue screen crash. Back to 3.5 - running great again. I'm wondering if it's something to do with my ram or mobo hitting it's limits at 3.6ghz somehow.

What do you think of this? Best OC I've ever seen!

The stocks voltage for this cpu is 1.26v, and that's what it's running at now.

3.5ghz, 9.0x multi, 1037mhz ram speed and it's running great.

tyler87

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2008
To be honest, it sounds a little too good to be true. Sure, you may be able to boot into Windows and do a few things... some light gaming etc.. but I would have to say its not a stable oc if you are indeed getting 3.5 on that voltage.

Currently my q6600 has a vid of 1.2125 and I'm running at 3.6ghz with 1.32 V after I pencil modded my 780i. Haven't tried for llower yet since temps are just great at such a voltage, but its 24/7 stable. I'd have to ask for screenies with prime 95 small fft running for at least 24 hours before I'd call it a legit and stable oc. If you do indeed have an OC like that then I'd say you probably have the god of all q6600 chips. Either way, good luck with your ocs and I hope they turn out well. ;)

Also, run your ram at 800mhz. Theres really no point in pushing it higher if your fsb is 1600mhz... You could be seeing stability issues there due to that. You may see a tiny performance gain but in most cases its negligible. This way, you can at least KNOW its not your ram. Double check the timings and voltages as well. Your northbridge voltages will need to be set appropriately too.