Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
The Spec of the computer is
AMD Phenom 9850
ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe/HDMI
2GB Geil Ram
2x Raptor WD3000GLFS in raid 0
650w Antec PSU

When I install the raptor hard drives and set them up in Raid0 and try and install windows xp, I am able to format the array and begin the install but it is very very slow and it gives errors on file copying.

To test i have installed 2x250gb standard SATA drives into the same system, and have configured the in the same way and it works fine.

When installing i am using the f6 method with the latest nvidia drivers downloaded from the asus website. 10.3.0.21, ( i have also tried the drivers direct from nvidia, they are the same version )

I have flashed the bios to the latest version 1003 BIOS

does anyone else have any ideas ?

Thanks Steve :hello:

Mondoman

Splendid
Perhaps one of the Velociraptors is defective? I'd download and run WD's drive diagnostic program on each of the drives and make sure both pass. Otherwise, it could be yet another nVidia chipset incompatibility/bug. :(

dtec computers

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
Thanks for the reply ! i have ran the diagnostic and everyting is ok, i have 2 of these machines with identical specs and they both do it !

Thanks Steve

samelung

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
I have the same issue. The company is willing to replace my mother board but I don't think it will change anything. I have tried the two black SATA ports and no change. Anyone found a fix?

Thanx!

Roy D.