Ultra life series 650watt. should this cover my needs?

I'm having a bit of difficulty here guessing the budget, what with the expensive DQ6 and the cheap DS3L mentioned in the original post.

atekido82, what exactly are you trying to do here? For example P35 is an obsolete chipset, so you should avoid both those motherboards. Also, it doesn't make any sense to me to spend a lot on a dq6 and then live with a cheap video card. Do you already have that 8800GT video card?

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006
Yes very odd.

No Clue why he would mention a Mobo that Expensive for a CPU that old.
Don't even consider that much for a Mobo with that CPU.

Get a Cheaper Mobo and buy a CPU and don't recycle an old one.

atekido82

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
im being given the pentium935 and a older ECS MB that has no OCing ability is why and i dont consider any 8800GT card cheap.

GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 was the other MB i meant to post but i dunno if it can use ddr2/800 ram.

p35 is tried and true very Good Ocing cpu, as are the listed MB's with good support.

oh did i mention im getting the PNY8800GT for $$75 Brand new? ill take my cheap card and be happy.

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007

Of course it can.

???

That's a good deal
icon14.gif

atekido82

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
so the Ds3r would be a good board to go with? if so im going with it. its the newest out of the ones i listed i belive and just didnt know if it could use the ram. if it can i'm going with it. :) i will eventually get a quadcore or something.

and im getting the lifeseries on ebay at 58 bucks atm with like 5 min left. i think thats a pretty good deal?

Well, OK, I didn't mean it to sound so brutal :)

I meant you can buy a GA-EP43-DS3L for about the same price as a GA-EP35-DS3L and get better features (PCI-E 2, more SATA ports). If you don't have a motherboard already you might as well go with the newer stuff.

P35 is still very good. Heck, I'm using a P35 and have no plans at all to replace it soon. Maybe when a Nehalem CPU is actually in stores and under $500 :)

atekido82

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
well no go on the Ultra life. with like 20 seconds to go i was gonna throw 1 more dolor onto my bid to insure i didn't get screwed.... well i did lol. someone through a big at the last second and won it. but not im kinda glad sense it seems not the greatest psu

Oops, my bad, the "life series" was the PSU, I didn't notice the title of the topic :)

It's OK, it's best to buy a PSU from a reliable store anyway. You never know what you get from eBay - some sellers are honest but not all.