Microsoft Installer gone

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Whenever I try to install anything lately I get a message saying that my
Installer is not accessible either Microsoft or Installshield. It seems to
be getting worse it would install about 1/2 but now nothing
Any ideas
3 answers Last reply
More about microsoft installer gone
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Hi,

    Download and install the latest version of the installer:

    Windows Installer 3.1 (v2) is available
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=893803

    You may also find it useful to run the installer cleanup utility:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301

    More help:

    Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I try to install anything lately I get a message saying that my
    > Installer is not accessible either Microsoft or Installshield. It seems to
    > be getting worse it would install about 1/2 but now nothing
    > Any ideas

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Windows Installer Error

    Thanks for feed back I installed both items then when I tried to install a
    disk.

    I was told installation was successful.

    It showed checking Windows installer

    & then an error message came up saying:

    InstallShield
    1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

    OK

    > Hi,
    >
    > Download and install the latest version of the installer:
    >
    > Windows Installer 3.1 (v2) is available
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=893803
    >
    > You may also find it useful to run the installer cleanup utility:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301
    >
    > More help:
    >
    > Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
    > http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Whenever I try to install anything lately I get a message saying that my
    >> Installer is not accessible either Microsoft or Installshield. It seems
    >> to be getting worse it would install about 1/2 but now nothing
    >> Any ideas

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    Hi,

    See: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108340

    --

    > Windows Installer Error
    >
    > Thanks for feed back I installed both items then when I tried to install a
    > disk.
    >
    > I was told installation was successful.
    >
    > It showed checking Windows installer
    >
    > & then an error message came up saying:
    >
    > InstallShield
    > 1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime
    >
    > OK

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Download and install the latest version of the installer:
    >>
    >> Windows Installer 3.1 (v2) is available
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=893803
    >>
    >> You may also find it useful to run the installer cleanup utility:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301
    >>
    >> More help:
    >>
    >> Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
    >> http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Whenever I try to install anything lately I get a message saying that my
    >>> Installer is not accessible either Microsoft or Installshield. It seems
    >>> to be getting worse it would install about 1/2 but now nothing
    >>> Any ideas

Installer Microsoft Windows XP