Microsoft Installer gone

August 16, 2005 3:50:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Whenever I try to install anything lately I get a message saying that my
Installer is not accessible either Microsoft or Installshield. It seems to
be getting worse it would install about 1/2 but now nothing
Any ideas

More about : microsoft installer

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 10:43:36 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi,

Download and install the latest version of the installer:

Windows Installer 3.1 (v2) is available
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=893803

You may also find it useful to run the installer cleanup utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301

More help:

Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I try to install anything lately I get a message saying that my
> Installer is not accessible either Microsoft or Installshield. It seems to
> be getting worse it would install about 1/2 but now nothing
> Any ideas

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 8:08:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Windows Installer Error

Thanks for feed back I installed both items then when I tried to install a
disk.

I was told installation was successful.

It showed checking Windows installer

& then an error message came up saying:

InstallShield
1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

OK

> Hi,
>
> Download and install the latest version of the installer:
>
> Windows Installer 3.1 (v2) is available
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=893803
>
> You may also find it useful to run the installer cleanup utility:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290301
>
> More help:
>
> Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
> http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Me2Ewe" <blaray@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Whenever I try to install anything lately I get a message saying that my
>> Installer is not accessible either Microsoft or Installshield. It seems
>> to be getting worse it would install about 1/2 but now nothing
>> Any ideas

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 10:47:47 PM

See: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108340