What does it mean to say "vcore auto +7%" ???

blkcamaro55

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I keep seeing vcore is on auto +7% and vtt on auto at +7%. What does the +7% mean and how do you obtain that? Thanks in advance!

Whatever the default vcore is plus possibly 7% of that. You need to use CPU-Z to see what your vcore is running at. I've only really seen that BIOS option on a few gigabyte boards, like the one I got my old Athlon 3000 on. Freaking annoying if you ask me.

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Here is a shot of my voltage settings in bios. By leaving my vcore (cpu vid) on auto (1.20) and using special add to increase my vcore it allows me to keep all my energy saving features. It will give as low as 1.13 idle and 1.34 at load, I see no reason to run a high vcore and high mhz while I am at idle all it does is add extra heat.

bios.jpg

Idle

idle.PNG

Load

Load.PNG

blkcamaro55

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009

AHH i see and thanks for the pics. But I have a problem. I have the ASUS Rampage II GENE mobo and I dont think anywhere in these bios is a setting for a special add to it...I guess i could just set my voltages by your CPUZ screen shot...OR could you do me a favor and fill in these values for me? These are what I have on my bios screen

CPU Ratio:
BCLK:
PCIE Freq:
DRAM Freq:
UCLK Freq:
QPI Link:

CPU Voltage:
PPL:
QPI/Dram:
IOH Voltage:
IOH PCIE:
ICH Voltage:
ICH PCIE:
Dram Voltage:

If you could, post those vaules up for me if possible and ill try to mimic you and see if I can get my temps down and stable at 4.0ghz...Thanks in advance ancient_1

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
The special add feature (which allows the voltage to be set at what I want at load and still idle down when idle) and the 8 phase sever grade pwm (rated at 30amps a phase and 135°c) are two of the main reasons along with the slot layout on why I got the DFI. Since the terminology in the bios is names different I will do my best to fill in what you are asking.

CPU Ratio: 20x with turbo = 21x
BCLK: 193
PCIE Freq: 100
DRAM Freq: 8x
UCLK Freq: 16x
QPI Link: Auto (18x)

CPU Voltage: 1.35 aprox
PPL: 1.85
QPI/Dram: 1.28
IOH Voltage: 1.11 (not sure best guess)
IOH PCIE:
ICH Voltage: 1.05 (not sure best guess)
ICH PCIE: 1.5 (not sure best guess)
Dram Voltage:1.65

If you are shooting for 4ghz+ turning off HT will help a lot and if you aren't using any well threaded programs it is the way to go. With HT off and the settings I just posted I could raise my bclock to about 198 and still be stable but with mem timings loosened a notch.

P95%20i7%205hr.PNG