Sign in with
Your question

No Boot Manager - Using Recovery Disks

Last response: in Windows Vista
December 11, 2012 8:59:17 PM

Hello,

The MoBo died a few weeks ago on my Acer desktop. I bought a similar MoBo from Newegg (LGA775 socket). I installed the MoBo wi no issues and powered up the system and got a visual.

Of course, with a new MoBo I had to reinstall a new OS. My budget is tight at the time, so I called Acer and they sent me recovery disks with the OEM copy of Vista-64. Acer support also mentioned I would need to reformat my hard drive before using the Recovery. A guy at work gave me a copy of a DoD reformatting program that completely reformatted the HHD.

I get my recovery disks, follow the 1st step to insert the start up disk. I follow the onscreen command and it prepares the HDD. It asks to remove the disks and reboot. Upon rebooting it tells me the boot manager is missing and hit Ctrl+Alt+Del for restart. At no time, I was asked to insert the recovery disks and I keep getting this issue repeated.
December 14, 2012 11:49:17 AM

rgorski2 said:
Hello,

The MoBo died a few weeks ago on my Acer desktop. I bought a similar MoBo from Newegg (LGA775 socket). I installed the MoBo wi no issues and powered up the system and got a visual.

Of course, with a new MoBo I had to reinstall a new OS. My budget is tight at the time, so I called Acer and they sent me recovery disks with the OEM copy of Vista-64. Acer support also mentioned I would need to reformat my hard drive before using the Recovery. A guy at work gave me a copy of a DoD reformatting program that completely reformatted the HHD.

I get my recovery disks, follow the 1st step to insert the start up disk. I follow the onscreen command and it prepares the HDD. It asks to remove the disks and reboot. Upon rebooting it tells me the boot manager is missing and hit Ctrl+Alt+Del for restart. At no time, I was asked to insert the recovery disks and I keep getting this issue repeated.

Contact Acer support again - recovery disk evidently didn't work !
m
l
!