Sign in with
Your question

Help overclocking my AMD Athlon 7750 Black Edition?

Last response: in Overclocking
April 3, 2009 3:18:24 PM

I bought an AMD Athlon 7750+ AM2 X2 Black Edition CPU 2 days ago, i've tested out all my programs & games first to see if i liked how they run, well some of it runs up to par, but i still want more juice i know my processor is plenty capable of it, so i want to crank this baby up some that was the main reason for buying it.

My motherboard was made for overclocking it is the Foxconn A6VMX motherboard with a PWM chip, how ever i can't use the Fox One Overclocking software, that came with the MoBo with this particular CPU, unlike my default CPU the AMD Sempron LE-1100, this CPU if used in conjunction with the Athlon 7750, it decides to shut down & reboot my system if i decide to even start up the OC program.

So i was wondering if someone could help me find an alternative overclocking software, & to help me overclock this new CPU since it is clearly made to do so, it might be a lot easier to overclock than i think since it has the PWM chip built onto the MoBo.

I've done some research of that particular chip before i bought the MoBo, & i love that feature it makes OC'ing a lot easier or so i think, but as i said i'm new to overclocking & i'm sure most of you here know more about it then myself, here is a list of the components i have that will be effected during the process of overclocking...

I updated the BiOs last night through FOX Live Updater app, it's 1 of 2 apps that seem to be working properly without glitches.

Motherboard: Foxconn A6VMX BiOs Ver.080014, Release Date 02/19/2009
RAM: 2 Kingston 1GB's of ddr2 800 (Pc2-6400)
CPU: AMD Athlon x2 7750+, 2.7gb Black Edition
April 4, 2009 8:15:13 PM

Old south bridge dont hope for much, if you can change the multiplier up 1-1.5 or the fsb up like 20-25 and play with the voltage?

If thats not definitive enough you should not be overclocking.
April 5, 2009 2:01:21 AM

Ah well thanks for that advvice, though i would need to find a different software to dot hat with, since i can't use the one the manufacture offers.
Related resources
April 5, 2009 5:06:54 AM

shiftstealth said:
Old south bridge dont hope for much, if you can change the multiplier up 1-1.5 or the fsb up like 20-25 and play with the voltage?

If thats not definitive enough you should not be overclocking.

Well nevermind the previous response, i am a noob yes i know i found out how do this without overclokcing softwares, i just went into the BiOs & turned up the HT/Frequency Voltage from native state of 200 up to 226, hit F10 to save rebooted my system, then it restarted i logged into my desktop.

& Boom there it was it went from a native 2.2 Ghz to 3.5 Ghz i got more then 1.3 ghz more out of it then i started with, & now i am very happy with the results i ran Prime 95 for 2 hours, and it seemed to be very stable thanks for the advice, though with my motherboard the Multiplier feature was grayed out, so i can't use that with this MoBo.

But the current settings suit my needs just fine!

Thank You!
April 5, 2009 2:52:35 PM

it starts at 2.7 so it's a 800mhz increase.

What cooler were you using? just asking cos most of them only hit 3.1-3.3ghz.

Also since it's such a cheap proc you might aswell try for as high as possible. Try for 3.8ghz, should be close to a 720 stockclocked in performance at dual oriented apps then
!