Tags:
  • NAS / RAID
  • RocketRAID
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
September 11, 2009 2:41:31 AM

Hi,

- Good night.

- I would be very grateful case somebody could explain to me the following question:

- I bought the Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 and I intend to use it with 8 Hds. For that, I intend to buy a Raid Controller External but for only 4 HDs (Rocketraid 2640X4). This way, I would set up 1 Raid 0 in Rocketraid and other Raid 0 different in ICH10R (Native of Motherbord).

- For the that I researched, this configuration (2 Raids, being 1 with Controlling Expresses), doesn't work in Asus Socket 1366. Will it be that happens the same in the Gigabytes ?

Thank you very much for the attention.
Aureliano Larocca

More about : simultaneous raid ich10r raid rocketraaid 2640x4

a b G Storage
September 11, 2009 2:48:52 AM

I'm not sure i understand the problem.

that should work fine.

not sure that i would run 8 drives all in raid 0 ( 2 - 4 disk raid 0 array?) but
it should work.
m
l
September 11, 2009 3:37:04 AM

Thank you for the help.

- The problem / doubt is the conflict that can happen in BIOS when I have two different Raids operating one in each controller (ICH10R - on bord and Rocket).

- For the that I researched, in the motherbords Asus you have to disabled the Raid of on-bord (ICH10R).

- If in the Gigabyte, the two simultaneous raids to work, I will buy SASs HDs, else I will buy Velociraptors (SATAII). Therefore the concern.

OBS: Excuse my English. I am Brazilian and I don't dominate the language.

Best regards,
Aureliano Larocca
m
l
!