Having Shortcuts in "My Network Place"

Please, how should I proceed to create shortcuts in the "My Network Place"
Dir. I have already some ones very usefull but I have no idea how they have
finally been created... It is possible to delete them (right clic menu //
delete) but nothing is offered to create them...

Thanks a lot - Alain 79

Am I missing something?
If you open "My Network Places" (instead of using a right clic), you
should have an option of "Add a network place"

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:32:20 +0200, "Alain79"
<desaivresanospam@free.fr> wrote:

>Please, how should I proceed to create shortcuts in the "My Network Place"
>Dir. I have already some ones very usefull but I have no idea how they have
>finally been created... It is possible to delete them (right clic menu //
>delete) but nothing is offered to create them...
>
>Thanks a lot - Alain 79

I fully understand your astonishment but really this "Add a network place"
command is not available...
Perhaps you could give me some more indications about where I should be able
to find this command...
Here is a list of the main functions I can activate:
=> Map a network drive
=> Disconnect a Network drive
But nothing as Add a Network Place
When you say "you have an option", where am I suppose to find this option...

Thanks for your help
Alain

"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> Am I missing something?
> If you open "My Network Places" (instead of using a right clic), you
> should have an option of "Add a network place"
>
> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:32:20 +0200, "Alain79"
> <desaivresanospam@free.fr> wrote:
>
> >Please, how should I proceed to create shortcuts in the "My Network
Place"
> >Dir. I have already some ones very usefull but I have no idea how they
have
> >finally been created... It is possible to delete them (right clic menu //
> >delete) but nothing is offered to create them...
> >
> >Thanks a lot - Alain 79

You find it where I indicated.
The first of the functions I see on a right click is:
=> Open
Use that.
(or just double click instead of right click)

FWIW, I see:

Open (bold as the default)
Explore
Search for computers
Map a network drive
Disconnect a Network drive
Create shortcut
Rename
Properties

Do you see something different?

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

]On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:17:21 +0200, "Alain79"
<desaivresanospam@free.fr> wrote:

>I fully understand your astonishment but really this "Add a network place"
>command is not available...
>Perhaps you could give me some more indications about where I should be able
>to find this command...
>Here is a list of the main functions I can activate:
> => Map a network drive
> => Disconnect a Network drive
>But nothing as Add a Network Place
>When you say "you have an option", where am I suppose to find this option...
>
>Thanks for your help
>Alain
>

>"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>> Am I missing something?
>> If you open "My Network Places" (instead of using a right clic), you
>> should have an option of "Add a network place"
>>
>> ...Alan
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:32:20 +0200, "Alain79"
>> <desaivresanospam@free.fr> wrote:
>>
>> >Please, how should I proceed to create shortcuts in the "My Network
>Place"
>> >Dir. I have already some ones very usefull but I have no idea how they
>have
>> >finally been created... It is possible to delete them (right clic menu //
>> >delete) but nothing is offered to create them...
>> >
>> >Thanks a lot - Alain 79

Yes I see something different...
Assuming "My Network Places" is expanded in the left pan of the explorer,
here is the list of command I have after a right clic on "My Network Places
=> Collapse (in bold)
=> Separation line
=> Explore
=> Analyse with AVIcodec
=> Open
=> Search for Computers...
=> Separation line
=> Map Network Drive...
=> Disconnect Network Drive...
=> Separation line
=> Rename
=> Separation line
=> Properties

Assuming such a shorcut is not expanded, here is the list of command I have
access after a right clic on a short cut
=> Expand (in bold)
=> Separation line
=> Explore
=> Analyse with AVIcodec
=> Open
=> WinZip
=> Separation line
=> Send to
=> Separation line
=> Cut
=> Copy

=> Separation line
=> Rename
=> Separation line
=> Properties

> You find it where I indicated.
> The first of the functions I see on a right click is:
> => Open
> Use that.
> (or just double click instead of right click)
>
> FWIW, I see:
>
> Open (bold as the default)
> Explore
> Search for computers
> Map a network drive
> Disconnect a Network drive
> Create shortcut
> Rename
> Properties
>
> Do you see something different?
>
> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> ]On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:17:21 +0200, "Alain79"
> <desaivresanospam@free.fr> wrote:
>
> >I fully understand your astonishment but really this "Add a network
place"
> >command is not available...
> >Perhaps you could give me some more indications about where I should be
able
> >to find this command...
> >Here is a list of the main functions I can activate:
> > => Map a network drive
> > => Disconnect a Network drive
> >But nothing as Add a Network Place
> >When you say "you have an option", where am I suppose to find this
option...

> >Thanks for your help
> >Alain
> >

> >"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> >> Am I missing something?
> >> If you open "My Network Places" (instead of using a right clic), you
> >> should have an option of "Add a network place"
> >>
> >> ...Alan
> >> --
> >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> >> http://dts-l.org/index.html

> >Place"
> >have

Use Open as suggested.
You should then see "Add a network place" under Network Tasks.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:45:03 +0200, "Alain79"
> [...]

>> Rename
>> Properties
>>
>> Do you see something different?
>>
>> ...Alan
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> ]On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:17:21 +0200, "Alain79"
>> <desaivresanospam@free.fr> wrote:
>>
>> >I fully understand your astonishment but really this "Add a network
>place"
>> >command is not available...
>> >Perhaps you could give me some more indications about where I should be
>able
>> >to find this command...
>> >Here is a list of the main functions I can activate:
>> > => Map a network drive
>> > => Disconnect a Network drive
>> >But nothing as Add a Network Place
>> >When you say "you have an option", where am I suppose to find this

Great - Found - Thanks for your patience
What we guessed also is that this "shorcuts" can be automatically created
but this automatic creation process works only if you first access the dir
on a server not going through a mapped drive, second and if you open at
least one file.

> Use Open as suggested.
> You should then see "Add a network place" under Network Tasks.
>
> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:45:03 +0200, "Alain79"
> <desaivresanospam@free.fr> wrote:
>
> >Yes I see something different...
> >Assuming "My Network Places" is expanded in the left pan of the explorer,
> >here is the list of command I have after a right clic on "My Network
Places
> >=> Collapse (in bold)
> >=> Separation line
> >=> Explore
> >=> Analyse with AVIcodec
> >=> Open
> >=> Search for Computers...
> >=> Separation line
> >=> Map Network Drive...
> >=> Disconnect Network Drive...
> >=> Separation line
> >=> Rename
> >=> Separation line
> >=> Properties
> >
> >Assuming such a shorcut is not expanded, here is the list of command I
have
> >access after a right clic on a short cut
> >=> Expand (in bold)
> >=> Separation line
> >=> Explore
> >=> Analyse with AVIcodec
> >=> Open
> >=> WinZip
> >=> Separation line
> >=> Send to
> >=> Separation line
> >=> Cut
> >=> Copy
> >
> >=> Separation line
> >=> Rename
> >=> Separation line
> >=> Properties
> >

> >"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> >> You find it where I indicated.
> >> The first of the functions I see on a right click is:
> >> => Open
> >> Use that.
> >> (or just double click instead of right click)
> >>
> >> FWIW, I see:
> >>
> >> Open (bold as the default)
> >> Explore
> >> Search for computers
> >> Map a network drive
> >> Disconnect a Network drive
> >> Create shortcut
> >> Rename
> >> Properties
> >>
> >> Do you see something different?
> >>
> >> ...Alan
> >> --
> >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
> >>
> >> ]On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:17:21 +0200, "Alain79"

> >place"
> >able
> >option...

> >//