TV tuner card for pc question

jayjay

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
I'm looking to get a TV tunner card and came up with this one (number one choice since I can pick it up with out having it shipped) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8512424&productCategoryId=pcmcat139300050000&type=product&tab=1&id=1186005934822#productdetail

My question is it has such horrible rating 2.7/5.. I looked on newegg.com and other review sites and found nearly all TV tuner cards have bad reviews. Why is this? I want to use it on a 226CW on XP PRO and have a Cable TV cable plugged directly into it. Do you think I will have problems with it?

I was thinking maybe the reviews are bad because people are trying to use the antenna it comes with and it's **** because the area they may live in. Which if this is true it won't affect me.

jayjay

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
I found a better one at circuit city has good reviews so i'm going with this one for sure won't have to worry if it works or not like the other one from bestbuy.Plus I know from experience that eVGA has great customer support. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/eVGA-inDtube-Digital-TV-Tuner-100U2IDTVA1/sem/rpsm/oid/209620/catOid/-17722/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

My only question is will i be able to get HD channels through my coax cable line? It has basic cable service, when I watch shows on discovery channel they say available in HD, so is that free and will be available when I get this tuner?

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
i've been trying to figure out similar answers. check out the thread i started called...card for hdtv and blue ray and the lot...and it should give you some answers. maybe you can add to it and we can all clear this up a bit.

lasttarget

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
You have to call your provider. If you connect the cable straight from the wall you might get some channels , probably some local, depending on your provider. If the cables goes from your set top box to your PC with a digital tv tuner you should be able to revieve HDTV but call your provider!

TRENDING THREADS