Best case for 80 dollars and under?

harisf

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
Ok so I have done some research, but I'm not as smart as some smart pants here. The title says it all. I want a mid/full tower (no PSU). I also have a 9800gtx and am also be going to be putting it in there.

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
It's sad, I live in Buffalo, NY and the closest thing we have in western New York to a computer store is BB or CC. There was a CompUSA but you know what happened to them.

Ouch. I seldom go to BB or CC. Fry's Electronics is 3 miles. Micro center is 5 miles. And new Egg is 7 miles! Newegg was supposed to start up a pick up for locals like me, but never did. Microcenter has nice prices on processors. A buddy of mine used to work as a tech at Fry's. I would hang out at the tech counter and watch all the women haul their desktops in in the shopping baskets. It was really pretty funny. My buddy would say, "I ran a spyware and anti virus check and you have 20,656 instances of the stuff, that's why it's acting weird." LOL!

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I don't mind it for most stuff but it's just those little whatever's that only cost a couple bucks but I have to get online and the shipping is more than the item, that get's a little annoying.

I read the article, it was interesting how efficiently designed their system is.

harisf

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
U guys are so lucky, living in the us, i live in canada and shipping to here is expensive, yet alone we have no COmpUSA, we do havea few tigers but thats it. Lucky enough for me and i will send badge a virtual hug, my cousins live near chicago so I can get the CPU at micro center. e8400 for 159????? Thats insane! thanks to evryone for replying it helped alot.

gmanvbva

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
I have both the Antec 300 and 900.

The 300 cools just as well and I picked it up for only $54 shipped from buy.com.

My 300 and 900 temps are identical for CPU, GPU and HDD.