alexander26

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
my seagate sata 250 hdd fried.the first component after the power conector smocked.it is very hard to read it but i thinc it says C 347 can anyone tell me vhat that is?
a diode condensator rezistance?
i have a nother hdd seagate 7200.7 if i change the platans vill it work or i destry completly bot hdd?
please help

renegeek

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
well c347 = a CAP = capistor #347 = (you would need to get a electronic diagram of the hd.) called a schematic... you could try to fix it, but most likely it may have destroyed other parts...

now, changeing the platers, u would need a clean room, and very steady hands... or u could take the HD to a company in the US, and spend about 5,000.00 to get the data from it...

so , your best chance, just buy a new drive, and deal with your loss. or u can spend lots of time or money...

capistor definition = A capacitor or condenser is a passive electronic component consisting of a pair of conductors separated by a dielectric. When a voltage potential difference exists between the conductors, an electric field is present in the dielectric. This field stores energy and produces a mechanical force between the plates. The effect is greatest between wide, flat, parallel, narrowly separated conductors.

An ideal capacitor is characterized by a single constant value, capacitance, which is measured in farads. This is the ratio of the electric charge on each conductor to the potential difference between them. In practice, the dielectric between the plates passes a small amount of leakage current. The conductors and leads introduce an equivalent series resistance and the dielectric has an electric field strength limit resulting in a breakdown voltage.

Capacitors are widely used in electronic circuits to block the flow of direct current while allowing alternating current to pass, to filter out interference, to smooth the output of power supplies, and for many other purposes. They are used in resonant circuits in radio frequency equipment to select particular frequencies from a signal with many frequencies.

alexander26

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
thnx for trying
i tryed to get te schematics but nothing.
i suspected that is a capacitor but the funyy thing is that it stil masures 3 ohms like a rezistance
and its stabil it dosent discharge from that value
ithought that sombody vil send mi a linc or the schematics or had the same problem and vil tell me how fixed the problem