chaoticjoy1

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2008
Everything i have it place correctly and i have tried many times, but when this board starts reading bios it crashes. Any Suggestions?

Specs:

Nvidi 680i Mobo
BFG 8800gt OC
Core 2 Duo 2.66ghz @ 3.85
G.Skill PC-6400 4gigs
Windows XP 32bit
600 Watt Rosewill PSU
BFG Agiea PhysX 128mb
Creative Audigy SE Soundcard
Antec 900 Case

I'd try to start with the basics. Make sure all your components are seated/connected properly. Reset CMOS via the jumper perhaps. If that doesn't work, try to FLASH the BIOS with the most up to date BIOS from your manufacturer. If that doesnt' work, contact your manufacturer for warranty support.

hesskia

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2008
I had a similar situation with my 680i TR revision board. With the BIOS it shipped with, I could not enter the BIOS if I had my PCI RAID Controller Installed. When I updated to the most recent BIOS, my PCI RAID Controller woudlnt' load. Ultimately I chose to remove the RAID controller and update teh BIOS to solve the problem.

Remember when you update your BIOS, always to remember to Load the Default settings.

inspector71

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
Did you overclock your motherboard? If so that may be a cause of the problem? Not saying it is, but it could of been a cause of the crashing.I had a situation with my 650i ultra from overclocking and it would crash, but then i set my setting back in bios to standard set up and it work fine.