How do i use usb clear stick in my hard drive desktop?

tinalaine64

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
i have a laptop that i use a clear usb stick... i want to use it on my desk top computer which has a tower hard drive..... ?? is that possible?

tinalaine64

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011

Sorry if I don't speak proper computer language.. the Clear USB stick is from the Clear network ... it is used on my son's laptop; however i was wondering if i could use it on my desktop computer... i have a regular tower hard drive... i really think the USB stick is for laptops only... i just wasn't sure and did not know how to get my internet settings correct if i was not using a landline cable (ie.. Time Warner) ... ? i am still not sure if that is possible or not... i have messed with it a little but have had no luck... ?? does that maybe make a little more sense? sorry... and thanks for your reply

tinalaine64

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011

Hey thank you for your response, but it doesn't do anything...i think it might be for laptops only ??? i got the directions out and it does say "insert in laptop" but haven't gone to the website to really check it out... i thought it would be simple... oh well...

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
The Laptop and the Desktop will read the "Clear Network" USB stick the same. The operating system is what decides the action to take when inserting a USB...anything. So what you are wondering about (correct me if I'm wrong) is; How to configure a Clear Network brand wireless internet onto your desktop. There is many variations as to the answers. Is it pre-paid or contract? When you insert it into your computer's USB slot, it should take a bit to load the drivers. You should see a little window pop up in the lower right that says something to that similarity. Wait until it is finished and it would say: "_______ now ready to use."

Or

When you insert it, it will prompt you with asking for an install disk. This would come with the USB and if you have the old packaging lying around, that'd be where I'd start searching. Modern wireless USB drives have the driver install information already on them and don't usually come with a disk. After your drivers are installed it should let you know the device is ready to use. At which point, should do it's job i.e. connect to the internet via cellular data.

TRENDING THREADS