Sign in with
Your question

Where to install fan in NZXT Apollo?

Last response: in Components
July 11, 2008 6:49:20 PM

I have an NZXT Apollo. It currently has an outtake fan on the back and an intake fan on the glass window. I'm wondering where I could install another 120mm fan. I think I could fit one under my CD drives, but that area is completely sealed by the front panel. Would it still be effective to blow air towards the back outtake fan even though it's not intaking any fresh outside air? And if I did do that, how would I hold it in place? I don't just want to tape it there and suddenly if i bumped into the case, it falls over and shreds up wires and gets wedged into the CPU's fan.

product page
July 11, 2008 6:53:23 PM

Just infront of the HD cage there is a place to mount another 120mm fan. I have mine set up to intake there and thru the side, and output from the rear. Works well for me.
July 11, 2008 7:25:13 PM

You are going to have to release the clips that hold the plastic front cover/trim panel and remove from PC Case.
Your replacement fan will have the required screws to attach fan to case.
The fan usually mounts to the case, 2 screws from the inside, fan on the outside, or 2 screws from the outside fan on the inside of case.
Plug all wires back in and connect new fan to fan header on MB.
Snap cover back into place when done.
Related resources
July 11, 2008 10:16:39 PM

B-Unit said:
Just infront of the HD cage there is a place to mount another 120mm fan. I have mine set up to intake there and thru the side, and output from the rear. Works well for me.

Are you referring to the front door? I see two unused screws on the front door.

What RPM do you suggest to match the quietness of the two existing stock fans?
July 11, 2008 11:30:42 PM

Remember that overall, you want more air volume blowing out than blowing in, so I'd stick with a single intake fan, up in front of the hard drives as described, and remove/inactivate the fan on the clear side. Either that, or just don't bother installing another fan and leave things as they are. Why do you need to install another fan?
July 12, 2008 12:05:22 AM

I think you're right. Two blowing in and one blowing out won't have good flow. I don't believe there is a space to install an out fan......
July 12, 2008 11:45:49 PM

The front acrylic panel is attached with screws. So if you really want you can remove it (or replace with mesh) and place a fan in the drive bays. There is also empty space at the top, you could mod a fan into the top, in front of the psu, I have a 140mm fan there.
July 25, 2008 2:44:44 AM

I have put a 120mm fan on the front part of the case. but now i cant get the front part casing back on because of the fan is hitting the front part. :(  so currently my front part of the case is hanging off. can someone give me a pic of what it looks like? or what their fan size is that they used? plls pls help
July 25, 2008 7:38:59 PM

The only place for a fan in that case that you dont have to mod is right in front of the harddrive cage. Take the cage out, two screws outside bottom and two inside near the MB. Pop the front of the case off and you will see the 4 screw holes. Put the fan INSIDE the case, hook it up, reinstall the cage and the front cover and yer good. I wonder if reversing the side case fan would be a good plan?
July 29, 2008 10:30:24 PM

creepster said:
I have put a 120mm fan on the front part of the case. but now i cant get the front part casing back on because of the fan is hitting the front part. :(  so currently my front part of the case is hanging off. can someone give me a pic of what it looks like? or what their fan size is that they used? plls pls help

It sounds like you have the fan on the wrong side, it should be on the inside of your case, just in front of your HD cage. I dont remember, but I might have had to remove the cage to install but I cant remember its been over a year now, lol.
!