Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Why nobody ever mentions Kingston RAM.

Tags:
  • Memory
  • RAM
  • Kingston
  • Product
Last response: in Memory
Share
August 3, 2008 7:00:29 AM

I just posted this because Kingston makes some of the most reliable affordable memory on the market. I use 4 sticks of kingston ddr 2 667 at 4 gigs and my pc rocks and i play some of the newer high end games with no problems.I know brand names like crucial ballistic, corsair, patriot, etc are higher end but kingston really pulls it's weight. Any reason nobody speaks of kingston much in the forum, I mean this memory has very good ratings, reviews, and peformance also. If somebody can explain the reason we never discuss kingston please reply.


Thanks,

More about : mentions kingston ram

August 3, 2008 7:22:35 AM

It's the name recognition. Brands can get associated with a certain market regardless of the actual performance because of the amount of time and money put toward to maintaining their image, just like Kenwood and Alpine are associated with car audio in people's minds, or Monster Cable is associated with home theater. Those companies do all they can to insinuate themselves with the people who can influence decisions, such as journalists. That's why I only pay attention to user reviews of a product when I buy online.
August 3, 2008 7:26:54 AM

Thanks for the input Cmhone.I just been a fan of kingston meomory because of its reliabilty for about 9 years now and thought that more others would be also on here.


Thank you,
Related resources
a b } Memory
August 3, 2008 7:44:49 AM

I have absolutely no problem with Kingston. I have never had a bad stick.

Check out the only 4gig kit on newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

They need to work a bit on packaging and bling if they want to get more recommendations. They also need to offer more choices for latency.
August 3, 2008 7:50:33 AM

Proximon said:
I have absolutely no problem with Kingston. I have never had a bad stick.

Check out the only 4gig kit on newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

They need to work a bit on packaging and bling if they want to get more recommendations. They also need to offer more choices for latency.

See the nice price it is too for a 4 gig package, you cant beat that and never lets you down either.i Agree as far as the looks go on the sticks, kind of plain, but i am behind kingston 100% as far as performance.
August 3, 2008 8:36:25 AM

Proximon got it in one.... For the majority age group on this website, 'bling' and 'packaging' is worth more than reliability.

Myself, price and reliability are the premium.

I don't wear baseball caps either, let alone backwards.
August 3, 2008 8:45:45 AM

Mushkin is good too...but stuff doesent sell unless it has the words UBER DOMINATION OVERCLUCK HYPERVOLT in there somewhere :)  Just like my biostar board...everyone loves gigabyte, but right now their boards are havin some probs and still ppl buy em and diss the other brands because of perceptions they have of past products...nothing wrong w it, but tis true.
August 3, 2008 8:50:55 AM

croc said:
Proximon got it in one.... For the majority age group on this website, 'bling' and 'packaging' is worth more than reliability.

Myself, price and reliability are the premium.

I don't wear baseball caps either, let alone backwards.

I pretty much figured it's the younger crowd that prefers the bling and all that pretty stuff, dont get me wrong my case is deck out with a clear left plastic side where you can see my blue led fans, but you cant even see my memory in the display, my plain kingston sticks are just hiding in a corner doing thier job thats all that matters.
August 3, 2008 8:52:45 AM

royalcrown said:
Mushkin is good too...but stuff doesent sell unless it has the words UBER DOMINATION OVERCLUCK HYPERVOLT in there somewhere :)  Just like my biostar board...everyone loves gigabyte, but right now their boards are havin some probs and still ppl buy em and diss the other brands because of perceptions they have of past products...nothing wrong w it, but tis true.

I have heard good things about mushkin making solid memory sticks also.
August 3, 2008 8:54:48 AM

I just don't get those ugly nzxt cases that looks like robots, or the thermaltake kandolf...bleck.

What is wrong with plain no light stuff...I must be an old geezer ...lol ?
August 3, 2008 8:56:30 AM

I've been building systems for 14 years and Kingston has been around since the beginning. In fact, along with Samsung and for a while Iwill it was THE name-brand ram! Kingston is still a major OEM supplier, and Kingston's published specs are considered during server design.
August 3, 2008 8:59:20 AM

royalcrown said:
I just don't get those ugly nzxt cases that looks like robots, or the thermaltake kandolf...bleck.

What is wrong with plain no light stuff...I must be an old geezer ...lol ?

nah your not, i am getting a different bigger tower for my next build with out all the lights it kind of gets old seeing it all lit up all the time.By the way i see mushkin has a wide variety of memory a little more expensive but quite a nice selection i just seen on newegg.
August 3, 2008 9:01:11 AM

BustedSony said:
I've been building systems for 14 years and Kingston has been around since the beginning. In fact, along with Samsung and for a while Iwill it was THE name-brand ram! Kingston is still a major OEM supplier, and Kingston's published specs are considered during server design.

Thats why i am so fond of Kingston, They have been around a long time and i respect a product like that with a good reputation.
August 3, 2008 9:08:39 AM

yeah, I remember them too, and when gigabyte used to make crap...lol. Remember all the hubbub too about micron chips ? Stuff was more interesting in the pc-100 and ddr 1 days...I do regret bying a pcchips vx chipset board though, a pos...and my first 300 dollar 2 gig seagate was the slowest hd ever, even at the time !
August 4, 2008 5:00:53 PM

I have 8GB DDR2/800 OCZ memory wich would have been Kingston if the OCZ memory wasn't on sale...
!