Sign in with
Your question

Best micro ATX board for gaming?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 3, 2008 8:23:12 AM

I want to convert my current system from a full atx system to a micro atx system. Here is my current setup:

ASUS M2R32-MVP mobo
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800
ATI Radeon X1950 PRO
One 500 GB Western Digital Caviar SATA II HDD
One DVD burner
Enermax 485 Watt PSU

If my theory is correct, all I need to do is get a micro ATX mobo that has socket AM2 and DDR2 800 memory standard, and a micro ATX case.

I know which case I want, This one.

I just need help picking out a mobo. Biostar has the best ratings on Newegg as far as micro ATX mobos go, but people I have talked to don't exactly speak too highly of them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time!

More about : micro atx board gaming

August 3, 2008 8:30:32 AM

Padd3h said:
I want to convert my current system from a full atx system to a micro atx system. Here is my current setup:

ASUS M2R32-MVP mobo
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800
ATI Radeon X1950 PRO
One 500 GB Western Digital Caviar SATA II HDD
One DVD burner
Enermax 485 Watt PSU

If my theory is correct, all I need to do is get a micro ATX mobo that has socket AM2 and DDR2 800 memory standard, and a micro ATX case.

I know which case I want, This one.

I just need help picking out a mobo. Biostar has the best ratings on Newegg as far as micro ATX mobos go, but people I have talked to don't exactly speak too highly of them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time!

Very cool case, but why dont you stick with another asus mother board.
August 3, 2008 8:41:21 AM

I just got the biostar t series 780gm m2+ board and it rocks ! has built in memtest and super easy to run/oc..it also resets itself if you put in a bad setting !

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

People that don't like biostar usuallr remember them from the days when they made super budget cheap boards, but they make some solid higher end stuff w the t series !

super easy to set up, if it doesent boot the first cpl times ...don't worry, mine did that and reset itself and got it's bearings and boots fine now.
!