Palmtop for use with SSH/WWW over gprs

Tags:
September 11, 2004 6:40:44 PM

[I couldn't find the appropriate charter for this group; apologies if
I did not post according to group rules]

Hello,

For work, I constantly need to be available for remote troubleshooting
of problems with software and/or servers. To do this, I am looking for
a device which supports the following:

- reliable GPRS;
- reliable OS;
- ability to attach a (special) laptop-styled keyboard. No
gsm-push-buttons;
- being able to run navigation software like Tomtom;
- a working webbrowser (w/ SSL, at least);
= must fit in pocket;

So far I only have expierience wiith the O2 XDA, which has a terrible
GPRS modem, in my opinion.

Would anyone recommend me a device they've used and their expieriences
with it ?

Thanks in advance!

Pieter

More about : palmtop ssh www gprs

September 21, 2004 10:58:23 AM

Why dont you look at a Jornada 728? It has a built in usable laptop
type keyboard and all that you wish.

John

--
Vote George W. Bush in the November election!
http://www.georgewbush.com