Sign in with
Your question

Read 2 DVD SATA drives at once

Last response: in Storage
September 13, 2009 6:32:46 PM

Hello,

I am trying to read off 2 internal dvd sata drives at the same time. I have an ASUS p5q-e mobo, with an intel q6600 quad processor, 8 gb ram, and vista 64. I have a bunch of dvd movies, which i want to convert to vobs/mkvs so i can store them on my computer and run them off my ps3. I use dvdfab platinum to do the ripping. However, both dvd drives won't run at the same time. i set one going, and then when i start the second, the first stops. even if i wait for the second to complete, the first wont start back up.

any way to get both running at the same time? would getting an external dvd drive work instead?

thanks for your help!

More about : read dvd sata drives

a c 415 G Storage
September 13, 2009 7:27:23 PM

It may be a limitation of the software you're using. Can you access both drives at the same time using different software (for example, can you do a conversion from one drive while using WMP to view a movie on the other?)
m
l
September 13, 2009 8:07:26 PM

hm...ya...i can play one while ripping the other.....
you think maybe i can install the program twice in two different directories? and maybe that would work?
m
l
Related resources
September 13, 2009 8:10:22 PM

have you tried opening another process of the same program
m
l
September 13, 2009 8:16:21 PM

Yes, the program does open two instances. There is even an option in the settings to allow for multiple instances, so I figured it should be able to handle using two drives at once. It does load both dvds, one in each process. Once i start the ripping process, however, the first one I start stops.
m
l
a c 415 G Storage
September 14, 2009 12:02:48 AM

Maybe you need to find another piece of software to do the ripping so that you can be ripping two drives with two applications at once. Or if you're lucky maybe the second application will actually be able to do two at once all on it's own...
m
l
September 14, 2009 3:08:07 AM

hm...good call...if i use a dif program, both run at the same time. is there any way of getting the one to run twice? maybe if i reinstall the program, but in a dif directory? and then open one from each directory?
m
l
a c 415 G Storage
September 14, 2009 6:05:21 AM

A different directory MIGHT work. But the install routine may not let you install two copies...
m
l
September 14, 2009 6:41:43 PM

hm..ya...wouldn't let me install....
m
l
!