Sign in with
Your question

Thermaltake Swordm: worth the money

Last response: in Components
July 12, 2008 2:24:30 AM

I was giving thought to buying the Thermaltake Swordm because I wanted an extremely large full-tower case that looked cool and featured hydraulics. However are there any other cases that are as grand and flamboyant out there for someone like me? I like the cases for the Asus Predator, new Voodoo Omen and HP Blackbird but I don't wanna buy an OEM rig just to get a cool case, also I don't really have time for case mods.
Thank you.
a b ) Power supply
July 12, 2008 5:30:45 AM

Thats a very costy case IMO, take a look at THERMATAKE ARMOR, its a very good case(i have it) its big and has is very cool.
July 12, 2008 8:50:54 AM

If you really want to spend the money and get a really cool (figurativly and literally) check out the Zalman cases. They do cost some money though, but they are VERY COOL.
Related resources
July 12, 2008 11:08:26 AM

I found my Thermaltake Armor deffinetly better then my dads Zalman ZM-FC-ZE1 Fatality Champion edition.

The funny thing is, my gf wondered what it was, cause it didn't looked like a normal pc case, when I showed her the side she knew it was a pc ;) 

The Armor case will suffice your needs, It's got lot of space and driving bays are easy to mount. Also it won't cost you an arm, neither a leg. I have a Tuniq Tower CPU cooler and it fits very nice, and still have enough room to use. It also has a good airflow 2x 120mm and 2x90mm fans, and it isn't loud.
July 12, 2008 12:16:15 PM

Cyber, its a nice case. If your rig has absolutely everything else that you'd need/want and you've got the $$ I say go for it and enjoy having something that not everyone else does.
NewEgg seems to have the H20 cooling version and the air-cooled version for the same price?? ...$500.

I do hope you're not gonna throw an economy $100 mobo in a high-end case like that though.

July 13, 2008 3:06:26 AM

Thanks halcyon I really appreciate the encouragement! And no i don't plan on throwing just any old mobo in there, probably a Tylersburg when it comes out at the end of the year, in the meantime i'll just house my current rig in there until I decide it's the right time to upgrade.
July 13, 2008 3:13:08 AM

Sweet. I especially like the hydraulics. Wish I had that kind of disposable $$...I'd consider getting one for myself.
July 13, 2008 7:32:39 PM

the case with liquid cooling system is only $389 so i say go for it. It's even cheaper than the air cooling case.
July 13, 2008 8:54:51 PM

TBH, if I didn't have a Lian-Li PC-A70 already I'd probably end up with one. It's sharp and definitely different..and it doesn't scream "Cheap!". I'm sure it cools just fine.
!