Sign in with
Your question

LG DVD RW nonresponsive and freezes computer

Last response: in Storage
September 14, 2009 2:47:58 AM

Forgive me if I sound completely dumb, but I'm fairly computer illiterate and this is a custom-built computer made for me by a friend.

Anyway, I just installed an LG GH22LS40 22x DVDRW drive into my computer. The computer detects it fine, and no further drivers are available for download. But when I attempt to run a disc on it of any kind, the disc starts spinning....and my computer freezes. It runs a Nero/InCD boot disc fine, but anything else, games, DVDs, CDs, and DVDRWs freezes the computer.

I was advised that perhaps I need to have the computer recognize the drive again in BIOS, though I'm unsure how to do that. I was wondering if there could be any other cause, including the Nero software or such.
a b G Storage
September 14, 2009 8:52:30 AM

Try detaching the drive and reconnecting it. Consult your drive's and motherboard's manuals to see if you've made the correct connections, and also for information on how to make the BIOS try detecting the drive again.
m
l
a b G Storage
September 14, 2009 2:40:37 PM

After that, try to borrow a working drive from your friend to put in your computer to test with.
m
l
!