Calling Miracle!

Quixote wrote:
> So what's up with the new box?

WHEW! Sorry to worry you, but I've been just swamped
with other work & stuff.
Then this morning my black CD drives, monitor, etc. arrived,
so I had to spend time swapping out the older white stuff. Okay,
didn't *have* to, but wanted to.

BUT, I just got finished loading everything into beastie boy!
I've gone through the bios so many times I'm now terribly confused,
but everything is installed from all CDs and diskettes.
Windows appears to be running smoothly, as is everything else.

My next plan is to get it online by swapping it with my current
desktop. Right now it has no Internet access, as there's no modem
or wireless card. But if I get it connected via the Ethernet cable to
our reciever/modem, I can get Allen to set it up for me.

During Windows installation, there was a text box with info on
how to transfer settings & stuff from the old computer you are
replacing. Stupid me didn't write down the location of that wizard-
do you remember where it is?

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}

"Miracle Smith" <GetLost@yourexpense.com> wrote in message
> Quixote wrote:
>> So what's up with the new box?
>

> WHEW! Sorry to worry you, but I've been just swamped
> with other work & stuff.
> Then this morning my black CD drives, monitor, etc. arrived,
> so I had to spend time swapping out the older white stuff. Okay,
> didn't *have* to, but wanted to.
>
> BUT, I just got finished loading everything into beastie boy!
> I've gone through the bios so many times I'm now terribly confused,
> but everything is installed from all CDs and diskettes.
> Windows appears to be running smoothly, as is everything else.

So, is it fast?

Quixote

Oh!! I entered the bios and reset those temps. :)

Miracle Smith wrote:
> During Windows installation, there was a text box with info on
> how to transfer settings & stuff from the old computer you are
> replacing. Stupid me didn't write down the location of that wizard-
> do you remember where it is?

Go go Google! Found the info I needed. :)

Frank van Schie wrote:
> Get the latest drivers for your videocard and install that
> graphicsmonster I mentioned a while ago. It's a short single-player
> demo, so after you've had your heart attack(s) you won't have to play
> for very long...

ROFL Will do! I just need to get GNA over here to
work his magic on the DSL modem............

Randy Graham wrote:
>> Miracle Smith wrote:
>>> During Windows installation, there was a text box with info on
>>> how to transfer settings & stuff from the old computer you are
>>> replacing. Stupid me didn't write down the location of that wizard-
>>> do you remember where it is?
>>
>> Go go Google! Found the info I needed. :)
>
> And yet you didn't post it, for others who might wonder? For shame...

<hands head> A true oversight on my part. BUT, I'm not
giving up even a part of a propeller blade!! LOL

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/crawford_november12.mspx

~ Or...~
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W23C11AAB

--