Attempting to Flash Bios IP35 Pro

monbackey

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2007
So i'm attempting to flash the bios to the latest version in an attempt to fix my memory problem. I believe I am currently at 10 and I downloaded the files for 17. The only problem is, when I try to create the floppy with those files, it will not fit because the files to create a boot disk take up 555 kb, in vista, which doesnt allow enough room for the bios flash files. Any ideas on what I could do?>

chechnyan

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
hmmm !! what is 10 and what is 17
but i feel you will not need a boot disk or start up disk
and bios file which usually a bin file should not exceed 600 800 kilobits in size
the bin file should be alone in the disk
.i don't mean to sound like A****E but if you don't know how you do this
i suggest you leave the bios untouched if you're machine is working
its a serious thing
if you are thinking there is a memory problem do a memtest test
Google memtest

monbackey

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2007
ok... sounds like you dont understand.

Its the Award Bios used with the IP35 Pro mobos. I am currently on versions 10. I downloaded version 17. I need a boot disk so i can flash the bios from dos, i wont do it from windows. The problem is, a single floppy will not hold the contents of the bios update, the five files it talks about in step 4 here: http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/download/guide.php , because some space is taken up by the files in order to make it a boot disk.

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
go to boot disk dot com and down load a plain boot disk.
Or put the bios image on a thumb drive and flash the bios from the bios if the abit bios has that feature.