Q6600 o/clock and Solitaire BSODs

azhar subari

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Hi all,

My PC is running perfectly fine ( small overclock of 3.2GHZ ) when I run eveything else EXCEPT when I play a simple Spider Solitaire game. It ALWAYS happens that when I'm 5~10 minutes into it, the BSOD appears. I ran Prime95 & SP2004 several times after it first occured ( overnight about 8~10hrs) and it always comes out all clear.

As I said ealier, every other application and game that I run, goes smoothly. Can anyone shed some light on this? Its an annoying problem so I'd like to solve it please. Thank you.

CPU > Intel Q6600 ~ clocked at 3.2GHz
MoBo > ASUS Maximus II Formula
Video > ASUS 9800GTX DK (512MB)
RAM > OCZ Reaper DDR2 PC2-8500 HPC Edition (2GB)
Cooler > Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme , with 120mm fan attached
PSU > Corsair HX620
SoundCard > Creative XiFi Platinum
HDD > WD 640GB

kg4icg

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
Well if it only happens while you are playing spider solitaire, then the game must have a bug in it, causing a fatal error. I just wouldn't play spider solitaire anymore

you dont mention which OS you use so this is for XP ... from MS's help file

"To add or remove a Windows component
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this procedure.

Open Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
Follow the instructions in the Windows Components Wizard.
Notes

To open Add or Remove Programs, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
If an item is selected in the Windows Components Wizard, it has already been installed.
If you installed Windows components without configuring them, a list of those components will appear. To configure a component, click Configure, and then follow the instructions on the screen. "

Try removing games , then reboot and install them again . If it still does it after than then play hearts instead

azhar subari

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
K,

I'll try that. Thank you very much.....( i'm wondering why I didn't think of that in the first place!!! ) Thanks again, much appreciated to both of you.