Case fans not working in P182?

Shad0w

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Hi,

I just assembled my own PC for the first time. I pressed the start button, and to all luck it booted :) But the case fans didn't spin.. It's an Antec P182 case, Corsair VX520 power supply and Asus P5K/EPU motherboard. I simply connected the three case fans to a 4-pin peripheral power connector cable with three connector heads (called that in Corsair manual) - is that wrong? I didn't connect any fans to the motherboard except for the cpu fan.

If you need more information, please tell me. I hope someone can help me out :)

Shad0w

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I just found out that if I set the fan speed to medium (at the back of the case), they start. If I then set it them to low again they continue spinning.. but it seems they won't start when starting up at low?

How can this be solved?

Andrius

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004
At lower voltage sometimes fans take longer to start spinning.
Some 120mm fans can take upto 20seconds.

There were people having trouble with Antec Tri-Cool fans before so:
1. Test each fan on it's own (low setting), unplug the other two.
2. Test two at a time.
3. Test all three on the same connector and on diffrent power connectors.

Shad0w

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I tried unplugging two of them, but the one still connected wouldn't start.. I tried another lead (one with only two connector heads), I connected one of the fans, but It still didn't start spinning right away..

:(

Shad0w

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Do you think it's the fans not working properly? Meaning that I could buy for example three Yate Loon fans to replace them?

Other suggestions on how to get the Antec fans working are of course still appreciated :)

Antec had a problem with the tri cool fans. They have since fixed the problem and even include 2 spares with most effected cases.

Contact them and they will send you new ones. All mine start and run on low without a problem.