Sign in with
Your question

Usb

Last response: in Storage
September 16, 2009 12:04:25 AM

I have a creative zen vision m, version 1.21.03.Overnight my computer stopped recognising that the mp3 was connected.
Th adaptor still works to charge the mp3 and that still playsback.
I cant download updates from creative because you need the mp3 connected to do this.
Anybody got any suggestions?
Configuration: Windows XP
Firefox 3.0.10

More about : usb

a b G Storage
September 16, 2009 7:37:41 AM

Try another cable or try connecting the Zen to another computer.
a c 155 G Storage
September 16, 2009 5:28:12 PM

^ +1

If the cable has a broken wire only on data it will still charge and do just like you are getting.
Related resources
September 17, 2009 6:20:35 AM

i would try the cable first cause i have also had this as a problem and a new cable fixed, and since it stopped working over night it could very well be the case
if changing the cable doesnt work try a difernt computer, if that works then upgrade the frimware on your zen, your windows might have upgraded causeing the problem
ive got a zen vision w and on a few xp computers it wont recognise it at all its very strange cause its only a very few, but if you upgrade the firmware to i think they call it play any where or something like that, it seems to work better
a c 155 G Storage
September 17, 2009 12:59:37 PM

Creative Zen players require at least Windows Media Player 10(I think its 10) to work as Media Player 10 also includes the PlaysForSure drivers for this PMP.

Its a strange thing, but without it the device is unknown and does not work. That many be why you Zen does not work on some computers and does on others. As for the OP, Any word on yours? new cable help any?
!