cfvm4798

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
I spilt half glass of coke in my laptop and the thing is after i clean most of it and dry i can turn the laptop on and all the lights turn on too, but it only last 3 seconds and then it shut down by itself.

I need some help please. I don't know if it's only the keyboard or if is something else.

Thank you

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
you need to find someone or do this yourself, disassemble the whole thing and look at the motherboard and see if there are any blown cap's. Most likely, you fried something: most likely the mobo and it either needs repaired or replaced.

royalcrown

Distinguished
take it apart as maybe it is a fixable short, and you use water to remove sugar based spills, not alcohol because soda isn't alcohol soluble. Let stuff dry for a cpl days b4 reassembly.

As said, take it apart and clean it. HP has full instructions on how to take there laptops apart.

Goto http://h20181.www2.hp.com/plmcontent/NACSC/SML/ and select your notebook then click on FRU Remove/Replace for full instructions and disassembly.

My brothers friends sound card stopped working, it turned out he spilled something on it. hot water and dry and it was back to normal.

Never turn on a computer unless its fully dry.

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007

Amazing how alcohol worked great for me. You dont want to use water because water has minerals that will leave deposits and rust the solder over time.

royalcrown

Distinguished

circuit boards are coated in an epoxy or varnish, your not washing it so much that minerals will be a problem I hope. Solder used in electronics is 63/37 lead tin, it doesn't "rust".