Asus P5k series DOS problems

G

I would like to know if anyone having an p5k series MB is having any problems from DOS, like Ghost2003 or a disk copy program in seeing any of the devices? Like not being able to detect an external USB hard drive or booting from an windows 95, 98 or me boot disk and having it say it cannot detect any cd/dvd drives?

A free software program to check is: Easeus Disk Copy 2.0 is supposed to support, SATA1, SATA2, ACSI, Fire wire (IEEE1394) and USB.
http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/index.htm

My board maker is saying its the software not using the Intel P35 chipset and this series of boards uses the same chip.

The Easeus disk copy is an ISO that you have to burn to a cd, its a bootable cd. When booted it comes up and checks your devices and after second or third question shows all drives it detects. If you have an external usb hd it should show it. You can then quit program and nothing is changed or done.

Thank you.
Joe

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Using Ghost 9 here on my P5K EPU seems to work ok so far lol

I am how ever having issues with Ghost 2008 (I am thinking this is more to do with Vista 64 then Ghost or my hardware though).

Edit:Although I should mention I didnt install Ghost 9, I just boot off the disk and back up and restore from there.

Edit2: Installing 9 seems to be working better then 2008 so far (although it does require .NET 1.1) despite it complaining a few times about not working with Vista it is working fine. Ghosting my drives now.

Hmmm nope doesnt want to work Baaahhh lol