To upgrade or not to upgrade

MoInput

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I got a Tforce 550 mobo and a 3600 x2 amd now running at 2.4ghz. My near fry's has a 4600 core2 duo with a ecs 94tgct-M mobo. I know the ecs board isn't much of a performance board but I want to know if this combo still be better than my current one. If so, I will sell mine and get the ecs core2 duo combo. Thanks everyone.

Tbh, I would get a higher performance cpu combo to go to the trouble to upgrade. You will get some performance boost with this upgrade but not really worth it IMO.

If its the same cpu socket and the price is right you could just switch the cpu's and sell the new ECS mobo on ebay to recover your money. You might get 30.00 for it.

Thats probably your cheapest upgrade path but if you can swing a little more I would recommend getting a faster cpu setup.

If that board supports the AMD 6000+ you can get it on the egg for 113.00. That would be a noteworthy upgrade...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103773

MoInput

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Ok thanks guys, let me think. I know the ecs doesn't get much appreciation but I had good luck with them in the past, just that they are not much features on them. Well, let me see if I should spend a little more for the upgrade. Thanks again.