Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
cpu: core i7 920
motherboard: gigabyte x58 extreme
ram: 12G 1866 ocz ram
cooler: swiftech liquid cooling
power supply: aptiva 1100W
Gpu: nvidia 295

according to easy tune 6 my system temp is 41oC and my cpu is fine at 30oC what is too hot in regards to the system temp??? and how hot can i go on the cpu pleas ehelp anyone !!!!!!! thanku in advance

Vythiel

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
Temperature limit of that CPU under full load is 68 decrees Celsius. You can use OCCT to run the CPU at load and find out what it's temperature is under heavy use. I find the "small data set" configuration to work best for testing the CPU.

The system temperature is a little vague and I've never worried about it. All you really have to do for system temperature is make sure that your computer case has good air flow and preferably a fan on the side panel that blows air onto the motherboard.

Xenonvector927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009

Well, first of all, thanks for using correct grammar and punctuation - and I'm glad to see that you've looked at CompuTronix's (STICKIED!!!) temperature guide. Please, take the time to look around these forums before going ahead and posting a question that has been asked a ZILLION times already! Even a Google search would have given you the answer!