Your question

Trying to burn dvd data disk

Tags:
  • DVD
  • Burner
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
December 25, 2012 4:39:50 PM

Hello, keep getting "windows was unable to complete the format " trying to burn dvd data disk . operating system windows vista sp2 , have no problem burning cdr's but dvd's wont burn, reads all disks no problem. any ideas

More about : burn dvd data disk

December 25, 2012 4:53:38 PM

Are you sure you have a DVD burner - or is it a CD recorder and DVD ROM which burns CDs but only reads DVDs not burn them !
m
l
December 27, 2012 5:03:47 AM

Firstly, confirm it is a DVD drive and supports burning DVD disc.
Secondly, use a DVD burning software that helps in a more convenient way. I use Any DVD Cloner Platinum, Any Video Converter Ultimate, DVDShirnk for copying/burning DVD to disc, you may try them.
m
l
January 10, 2013 7:27:09 PM

ok maybe i should have been a little clearer , yes its a dvd burner, im not trying to copy movies or anything like that. it is data im trying to burn , my burner reads any disk no problem , writes to cdrs no problem , i was burning data out of my pc before this time to dvd, done lots of reading about problems , nobody seems to have this exact problem one person mentioned that burner dont last for ever ,but in my expereance when a burner goes they may read disk but when they dont write disks and its all disks they dont write to , i have used different software in the past when i use to clone dvds , but thats not what im trying to do
m
l
!