RAID drawer enclosure for 2 Hard disks

yanival

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I'm looking for a 5.25" or 3.5" drawer-like solution for mounting my 2 disks in RAID mode. The idea is that the mount will be installed on one of the PC 5.25" bays, and I will be able to put in and take out my RAID array as one piece just by opening the drawer and without opening the PC case. I've found such a solutions for 2 disk (see image), but this requires taking out each of the disks separately. I would like to find a similar solution that allows to taket out the 2-disks RAID array as one piece.

I've searched for such a solution for a while now, and you guys are my last hope. Any idea ?

ST-2221SUSRE-0.jpg

yanival

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
The purpose of my build is that users will be able to pull the RAID array from one PC and plug it in to another.
The assembly shown in the image is connected to the PC case with screws, and needs SATA cable and power cable. Therefor, pulling the entire assembly requires some work. Since the RAID array will be pulled out and pushed in by unprofessional people, I would need a simple approach. There are drawers for one disk that seems pretty simple to use, but I couldn't find a solution for handling 2-disk RAID array in the same level of simplicity. t seems strange that there are so many drawer-like assemblies that can handle 2-disks in RAID mode, but all require pulling out each of the disks on it's own.
One possible solution is to use external eSATA RAID case, but I would prefer to avoid external devices.

I guess that if none of you guys here know about a solution then there none exists...