Needed help regarding overclocking

lingaraju

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I have gateway MT6841 notebook with configuration:

Intel Core Duo T2450@2.0GHz, 533 MHZ FSB ( i want to change this to 667 as my RAM is also 667)
Mobile Intel 945GM express chipset,
PC25300@667MHZ DDR2 RAM: 3GB ( 5-5-5-12, i don't know what is this but i am giving details.)

I am trying to O'clock my CPU, but i am unable to find what is my PLL. i have opened my laptop and checked almost everything but i am unable to find that PLL chip. I tried using several software as i cannot change my FSB speed in BIOS. i tried using setfsb but when i dont know what to do in that unless i find out my PLL.

In SetFSB, i tried changing the following PLL just 1 step up and my screen suddenly goes as if a tv lost its signal. so i restarted my laptop and it is fine, i tried to change values again but the original values are the same meaning my previous attempt did not work out. then i figured out unless i find out PLL i cannot do anything. these are the numbers i tried using in setfsb.

ICS9248BF-87
ICS9248EF-199

Can anybody help me what PLL model i have, and what is the best software which can recognize and change my cpu values to overclock.

I want to overclock my FSB which is shown as 533 MHz to 667. Thats all what i want.

thanks and regards.
Lingaraju.

RJR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
You are asking for nothing but TROUBLE. Don't even mess with it. IF you happened to get it to OC you would run into heat issues and still have massive problems.

If it's too slow, buy a new one.

SORRY

lingaraju

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Hi There,

Actually, i never had the idea of overclocking and don't know what it is. But i have read in an article which showed the various stats where t2450 was stable even when its FSB was changed to 667. So i was hoping whether i could O'clock it.

But my laptop is not slow, it ran soldier of fortune game without any problem. Now i have 1 more question, what other processor would fit into this motherboard(dont know the model) and any higher frequency memory does this laptop model accept.

I spent around $650 for this laptop.

Any views about this anyone please.

thanks and Regards.

Xenonvector927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009

Don't even THINK about overclocking a laptop. They wear and tear a LOT more than desktops because everything is crammed in so close together. More heat is the LAST thing you want, and on a laptop will SERIOUSLY reduce it's lifespan. If you do something wrong, you could be looking at a VERY hefty repair bill. Overclocking a laptop is a VERRRRY bad idea.
If you reallllly badly want to, make sure you get one of those cheap laptop coolers which you put your laptop onto. They work well.

Xenonvector927

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009

Oh, and I don't think that upgrading a laptop CPU is the best idea. It is designed specifically for that CPU. Also, laptops are very fiddly when you take them apart, you'd want to get a qualified IT guy to take it apart, as they're hard to get back together. Oh, and soldier of fortune isn't a very demanding game. I can play it at a very high framerate and high graphics settings on a 1.1GHz Pentium M.

TRENDING THREADS