G

Hello,
i am having problems with connecting dvi on computer to my hdtv hdmi.have proper cable and have tried the resolutions,do ye know is it because of my graphics card or something

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Set the computer to the max resolution the TV will accept 1280x720 or 1920x1080
Make sure the refresh is set to 60hz
Make sure the TV input selected is the same as the cable is plugged in to.

If your graphics card has a DVI output it should be good for a TV.

G

thanks folks for the replys just wondering how do i set my refresh to 60hz.bit useless when it comes to computers.

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Right click the desktop, properties, settings screen pops up (where you change resolutions) click on advanced, monitor, in middle. now back out and apply.

G

ok just checked settings there,refresh is at 60hz and resolution is ok as well.am i right to stick my cable into the dvi section of the computer screen,is thats where the graphics card is

G

thanks for the help here mhelm,sorry for all the questions

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Graphic card is in the computer connect cable to computer,
connect cable to TV (remember which input of the tv you use)
turn on TV first(computer may not see tv) select input that has cable in it.
turn on computer. Tell us what you see.

G

ok mhelm bad news,only have dvi output which is at the back of my moniter and not on my actual harddrive which is weird considering they came together.its a dell dimension e520.does that change things completely and is there another way around that.thnx ian

G

graphics card is an intel one
graphics media accelerator driver

G

no i need to connect my hdtv(hdmi) to my computer which is dvi but the only dvi output spot is at the back of my moniter.there is no dvi output on my harddrive.is it ok to use that dvi output on my moniter or should it be from the harddrive where there is none,hope im making sense

G

ok mhelm i think i know now,i think the connection at the back of my computer is vga connector.which connects my harddrive and my moniter,does that mean when i connect the tv to my harddrive i obviously cant use my moniter at the same time.does all this sound correct and thanks for your time

G

what i bought first was hdmi to hdmi cable and then realised it was only the hdtv that had that connection so i bought a converter for the cable so that it will go into the computer(hdmi to dvi connection which i connected) and stuck that into the back of my moniter.that is the current situation now

so hdmi is connected to tv and other end connected to dvi adapter which is stuck into my monitor now.my refresh is 60 hertz and my computer resolution is at the max which is 1280 1024