Overclocking and bios update

First of all, if i updated my bios, would my overclocking settings stay? And second of all, if they didn't stay could i just manually put in the old values and assume they are stable? I have asus M3A78-T mother board and phenom 9950 BE
2 answers Last reply
More about overclocking bios update
  1. No, your old settings will not remain intact. More than likely you should be able to get the same OC as before. Personally after doing the BIOS flash I would run it for 15 or 20 minutes, to make sure I didn't have any glitches. Then apply my old settings.

Happy computing
    UF
  2. XD_dued said:
    First of all, if i updated my bios, would my overclocking settings stay? And second of all, if they didn't stay could i just manually put in the old values and assume they are stable? I have asus M3A78-T mother board and phenom 9950 BE

Your OC settings will not stay, it will go to default. Secondly, your settings may not work identically with the new bios.

I just ran into this with my M4A89GTD Pro Usb 3.0 and my Phenom II 1090T X6. I was running stable for two years at 4.0GHZ with a little voltage, and 1600 777 on ram. I spent the last two days screwing with it, but I cant get to 4.0 yet, I set everything to auto, then went DROC @1800>>>>.:( I cant push all 6 cores to 4.0Ghz anymore, but 3 will go in turbo. System is stable, but not where It was. On my old settings(with the new bios), I started getting jaggies and screen tearing, BSOD when playing BF3.

Sounds like graphics card doesnt it? BUT NO, its a communications fault on the bus, the cpu dropping errors into the stream.

So, dont expect everything to be fine after a Bios update.....
    Jason
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking BIOS